Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The Beginning and the End

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been around to post much, but I've been busy with real life stuff. Season 2 released while I was out of the country and since coming home, it's been a whirlwind of stuff. I haven't played a lot of Line Rangers Season 2, but I did save Sally. I can't believe how much the game has changed. In some ways, it's given the game a new life, but in some ways it's become super complicated and the climb feels more steep. They did a good job of addressing certain player gripes, but in the process, at least in my opinion, they've created some new issues. Well, love it or hate it, I'm just glad we got to rescue our Sally finally. Spoiler alert: Turns out Mephisto is a total lamer and his boss is the one to beat. Hah!

This is a tough post to write, but this is the last blog post for Line Rangers & Friends. It's been an unbelievable run with all of you. The players around the world have breathed life into this blog in ways I never thought would be possible! The Line Rangers game was a lot of fun for me and I do continue to play it, but it has taken a backseat to a bunch of other things that I have to do and I just can't keep up with all the changes! Writing the blog has been fun for me, and I hope it was fun to read. I intend to keep writing on other topics in other places :) I thank all of you who have been readers and supporters of this blog and my writing. I wish you all the best of luck with your Rangers!

Where do you go for your Line Rangers English discussions now? I am an avid reader of Reddit and I enjoy the discussion format of Reddit so I encourage you to go to the Line Rangers subreddit to post your questions, comments and discussions on the game: https://www.reddit.com/r/LineRangers/ 

Huge shout-out to:

  • My friend Stru who first turned me on to Line Rangers. Thanks for making me lose many hours of my life and so, so many dollars, Stru. 
  • Rangers Elite Club: my Line Rangers friends who started many thoughtful discussions -- you guys know who you are, you are awesome. 
  • Elite Rangers Masters group: the international teams represented in this Masters group have been a total eye-opener to just how big this game is and how far players are willing to go to be the best of the best. I learned a lot from these kind, friendly people. Keep on rocking! 
  • Last but definitely not least - Taiwanese Line Rangers group 銀河特攻隊 & Wei S: Incredibly, incredibly smart. I am always in awe of the data that comes out of this group. Their published articles are here in Chinese. Wei S has published so many videos that have helped players. View Wei's ever-growing collection of videos here

Thank you all so very much for making this experience awesome! And as always, good luck and have fun!

31 comments:

  1. Thanks for pioneering the line rangers blog spot. Sad to see you go, but on to bigger better things! Perhaps you're getting married or having child? Good luck ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all your help, I would not have made it this far without your blog. Good luck on your future endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sad to see this blog finish, but all things must come to an end. Best of luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a shame, nevertheless real life always gets in the game.. thank you for everything panicbutton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all time information and tips and everything about Line Rangers. Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good bye Panicbutton. It's a pity this was my great source of LR information site.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, everyone. Your kind words mean a lot to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please don't leave us. Mine birthday is February 12. Well I hope you keep playing. Thanks for all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The first time messing with LR, your posts is really big help for me. A little pity but you've done a very good job. Thank a lot, Mrs. Panic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Big thanks for what you've done for us, Panic.
    I'll miss your blog. I've always checked for new blog posts here even during the period where I didn't play the game. :')

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Panicbutton, It has been more than just the great blog here. We'll miss you. Hope we cross our path in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck for everything! Love ur blog so much, the game and the way you write it :)

    Ps : please come back soon haha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for everything, panic! wish you the best of luck and joy in whatever it is you plan on doing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thx panic for all the info and tips, I'v been reading your blogs since the start of our journey to rescue sally and I'm really sad to see you go. Didn't someone volunteer to co-author your blog, wish he could continue this blog for you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for all the time and effort that you have put in this blog
    I hope there is some english-language blogs ablut line ranger again somewhere
    Wish you all the best for your real life

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for all your effort on this blog! Read many helpful guides and tips here. And also found lots of other useful comments by other posters.

    Good luck for the future!

    ReplyDelete
  17. thx panic! we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. its really sad read your last post on this blogspot after waiting almost a month back from your holiday..
    at alst i'm glad that you have a real life..
    hehehhehee just kidding..

    thanks Panic for your effort to sacrifice time and energy just to give us some tips that very useful..
    wish the best for you and all Rangers..
    its time to save Galaxy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Panic to create this blog. It really helps me with getting past tricky levels with required rangers and when I can dispatch my ranger. Really love your blog. I'm grateful for you for creating this blog. Thanks to you for a superb job!

      Delete
  19. For sure i will miss your beloved blog, my dear friend! What made this game special was the chance of meeting people like you! Seeya in our little group, and maybe, someday inside a Line store wherever around the world! <3 <3 <3...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for all your hard work! I wouldn't have been able to save Sally without your help!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks panic, you have been extremely helpful for me with Rangers. However, I think we all knew this time would come. It's inevitable and understandable. Salute and good luck moving forward.

    ReplyDelete

  22. Dear Panic, Thank you very much for all the awesome writing you've been doing on this blog about LR. I have been avidly following your blog from virtually day one. I'm feeling very Nostalgic right now. I remember way back in April or May last year I would constantly visit you blog in the hope of digesting more of your thoughts on this game. It added so much fun to the game itself and for that I thank you. Although it's sad to here this is your last post I completely understand why and wish u all the best! Hopefully u don't immediately leave all your group chats!
    And..... How awesome we FINALLY SAVED SALLY!! At least we can all enjoy that moment:) who cares about her planet lol
    Take care, Tim.

    ReplyDelete
  23. thanks for everything and your awesome blog Panic !

    Good Luck For the Future...:)

    From Line Rangers Indonesian Players

    ReplyDelete
  24. dear panic..
    you've been being an good job..thanks for always give us all the tips and trick in the past.. and i though that i would stop playing this game too coz since the update the game get more complicate and i'm some kind of bored to play too..
    thanks for all and bye panicbutton

    ReplyDelete
  25. That's a beautiful goodbye. So long Panic and thank you for your help and thoughtful support in getting stronger and bigger at this game...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Panic, First, I have to thank you for this blog on Line Rangers. I never would have made it as far as I have without you. I don't know what I will do without your blog. It is such a great resource for every update, which I had trouble figuring out for myself. And you have served as the center of a great community that has rallied around you.

    This blog and your work are quite incredible, as I have found few resources (and none comparable to yours) in English as the game appears to be little known in the US.

    I completely understand your need to move on. The game has changed so much with this newest update. In some ways it is a great new beginning (that game, not your moving on) for players who may have gotten bored with the game and progressed as far as was possible up til now. But it also seems to kind of cast aside the hard work and progress that a lot of people put into making it this far.

    Again, thank you for all your help and work on the blog. You will be greatly missed.

    Zanshin

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you for providing THE excellent English-language resource for line rangers, we'll be sad to see you go and I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for line rangers blogspot



    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Line-Rangers-Indonesia-Friends/619050241558981?ref=hl

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hey all LR fans! you can continue LR discussion by going to LR reddit page at https://www.reddit.com/r/LineRangers/ . Go check it out!

    ReplyDelete