Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Design Your Own Ranger!




It is finally here! I have been waiting for a contest like this for such a long time. Truth be told, I have more than once tried to see if I could conduct my own design-a-ranger contest on my blog, but because of the international audience and various currencies/Google Play/App store country restrictions, I couldn't figure out the logistics of how to actually give out the prize, which I wanted to be rubies. :( But LINE is doing their own official contest so now here is everyone's chance to get their creative juices going. I'm really pleased that they opened this contest to all regions. We have a week and a half to enter!

I'll be the first to admit that I am horrible at drawing but I think I might try to think of a nice ranger to add to our collection. Everyone's always saying one thing or another about the new rangers that appear in the game. I think this is a really good chance for us, the players, to show them how it's done. What do WE want in a ranger? I'm not sure if we are allowed to use Brown, Cony, James, Jessica, Leonard, Boss and Moon but I assume that it is allowed. Did you want Salaryman Moon to be a ranger? Or Santa Claus Brown? Lumberjack Boss? Flight Attendant Jessica and Cony? Get to work! (Update: I sent them a question asking if we are allowed to design a new LINE friend ranger. The answer pretty much said to create your OWN rangers, which I read to mean do not piggy-back off LINE Friends and make a new Moon or Brown, etc.)

I encourage everyone who's ever had beef with the game's palette of rangers to rise to this challenge! Show everyone what you come up with. I'm pretty sure a 4-year old child could come up with something better than the ranger known as "Summer" lol. I would love to hear and see it if you want to share your creations. If you guys come up with drawings, please post them on imgur.com and show us a link! The prize is not just glory, it's cold hard rubies and figurines! (See Notice for details)

I *hope* that the winning design of the competition will be available to ALL players via some event or as a permanent bonus roll in the stages (so it will be a "free" ranger). I don't want the winning ranger to be the new limited edition or new Premium Gacha addition to the roster. No, the winning ranger should be ours!  I think it is only right because it is a ranger inspired by the players, made for the players, voted by the players.

Finally, the somewhat disappointing thing about the contest is that it appears to be more of a "touch-and-feel" design contest rather than a mechanics contest. What I mean is, the contest is being judged based upon the appearance of the ranger and its story. We are not given the option to suggest what powers we want our creation to possess, i.e. type of ranger, attack speed, range, move speed. I don't know if they will take it into consideration if we do submit our designs with those characteristics included. But I think if we want a balanced ranger that is worth having, it should be well-made and not just the same old crazy overpowered trend that LINE gives us every month.

So anyway, get to work! :D December 7 is the deadline!

42 comments:

  1. i'd like to comment on the fact that in the image and the notice details they are basically saying that you can create enemies as well. so in fact you can create your own op enemy !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, you can create an enemy as well! Please don't create an OP enemy. LOL

      Delete
    2. I've always had a weird feeling that Ginosaji from The Horribly Slow Murderer would fit nicely as an OP villain lol.

      Delete
  2. It was said that our username will be used as the characters name.. so is that mean that we cant choose the name of our character freely?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. apparently... i wouldn't be surprised if the newest ranger is named meme_lover69

      Delete
    2. Line id is your actual line app id while I guess user name is John Smith. Then they will name the ranger John, I think. They will probably use your name for the ranger because they plan to interview you and all that

      Delete
  3. I have not only one idea about new rangers and new land. I will tell you after finish my design and sending to Line Corp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How many design can each player send in???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't say! As much as you want I think

      Delete
    2. Yeah you can send as much as you want. You can see that if you click the Go button on the in game contest image.

      Delete
  5. I want to ask where I should send my picture contest ranger? can I have the link?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to email it to Line Corp. Check the notice for the address.

      Delete
    2. How to get my line id link???? I dont understand

      Delete
  6. As soon as I saw that notice board I immediately work on it. Best of luck to anyone who enters this contest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any one knows what does ally/enemy they are refering to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can choose to design a ranger or design an enemy. That line means to tell them if yours is a ranger or enemy.

      Delete
  8. A bit OT: Anyone here stucking at 163? It's 160 (hardest swamp stage so far) on steroid lol. Most of the time, after barely killing those goddamn Krillins with ice-creams, the enemy already got too close to the tower and the horde of pinkies would take care of the rest lol (which is similar to my other 213123 feathers at 160),

    Keep trying I guess :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is really hard stage
      You must time carefully the timing
      I use mastered ksm and sorc cony, combined with scott, rei, glenn to pass that stage (and I still I got lucky, don't think I could pass it again)
      I use this strategy:
      http://youtu.be/Cvsks9hmKSk
      Hope it helps

      Delete
    2. NO, "hardest swamp stage so far" is 168, that tennis guy is so hard to deal with it, unlike almost all the previous bosses he has a long attack range so most of the time he is safe of all the attacks killing all your rangers without a problem and if you add the hordes of the enemies spawning from his tower its just barely impossible to clear that stage without master premium rangers or without a lot of luck and perfect timing with the free rangers, as you can see the video showing how to clear stage 168 with free rangers came several days after the other swamp videos

      Delete
  9. "Salaryman Moon"

    I wouldn't be surprised if there's some nose hair or workaholic stuff/jokes inserted on his description if he makes it to the game. Those episodes regarding him and his coworkers are really fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did the game servers of line crashed?? Because I can't play line rangers nor CookieRun neither.

    Can someone else confirm this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, It happened about 15 minutes from 8:00'-8:15' (Japan Time).

      Delete
  11. I am really bad at drawing and computer graphic design, so I wonder will It be OK or not? if I send them just idea in detail.

    ReplyDelete
  12. how about this ranger: sailor MOON

    ReplyDelete
  13. Panic, can i draw the characters by hand and scan them, then send by mail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    3. I don't see why not, as long as you can email it to them.

      Delete
    4. thanks for the reply panic
      kind as always..

      Delete
  14. I've been wondering what should I write for the backstory for the character I made, should I write the complete or simple description? :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Please create something for poor Jessica and Moon. These two are currently the underdogs compared to the rest. Not sure what they are gonna release for December which is the next 2 days but I'm thinking it's gonna be Cony and Brown again. And yes make them all 5 stars please :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Will they acknowledge upon receiving the email attachment? :*o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they do 8( I'm just sitting here wondering if they got my entry 8(

      Delete
  17. Failed to connect to server again at 10:16' am (Korea Time).

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd love to make a good-looking enemy. The Rangers side has too many cuties ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. how do i post my drawing?

    ReplyDelete
  20. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qogqjScfBDo#t=56

    New rangers December will arrive soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMGG!! I want brown and edward ç_ç

      Delete
    2. I bet that Edward is the new limited ranger, but will not surprise me if they release 2 limited ranger (the 2nd one near the end of december) like they did in october with halloween cony.

      Delete
    3. Yeah. I think the new Edward will become the new limited ranger as his splash range is same with the previous Edward.
      For the 2nd limited ranger, I think they will use New Year theme and come out around mid December.

      Delete
    4. possibility of the rangers in the youtube video to be cosmetic make up for the Xmas season. kinda like what LINE did for cookie run during halloween. i dun recognise the bear-ish kinda ranger on the extreme left though. maybe that's the new ranger?

      Delete
    5. extreme right* i mean

      Delete