Thursday, May 22, 2014

May 22 Changes - Laughing All The Way To The Bank

AMG! NO!
Late last night (for me anyway), Line issued some ominous new game notices and minutes later retracted them. Today just after Japan's 01:00 AM we are seeing the lives changes in place. The funniest part for me is that for hours before they finished maintenance, I read that players had all kinds of issues as they were attempting to put out these changes, clearly having technical difficulties. In my mind I imagined that Line Rangers is in fact the brain child of one poor lad sitting in a room in Tokyo, clicking away on his laptop keyboard and then spilling his coffee and messing everything up on the eve of his proposed changes. And then frantically trying to fix it afterward...

The game was taken offline for emergency maintenance while the developer(s) properly implemented the new changes once and for all. For interrupting the tail hours of my favorite Ranger Day, Double Coin Day, we all got 40 rubies and 10,000 gold coins in addition to the 10 rubies they promised us daily for the month of May. Hey, I think it's a fair exchange for this rather hilarious blunder. Call me cruel, but watching them trip all over themselves during a patch cycle is pretty chuckle-worthy in my book.

The Changes

As for the changes, they are exactly as outlined in the notices from last night. Here they are for your perusal.


The change to the max level of all rangers does not require you to obtain 2 more of the same type of ranger, so we can all breathe a sigh of relief. However, be aware that the increase does not appear to stack the way the other ones did after combining to raise the max; there is no additional 20% stat increase like we did for combining rangers. The 10 additional levels is a linear stat increase. So 5-star rangers' default max is now 60, 4-star rangers' default max is now 50, and so on. If you only have 1 of a ranger and it is at its default max level, you still need a second one in order to gain a 20% stat increase. Side note: Even as a linear upgrade, the extra 10 levels takes Dancer King Boss to 121k attack and KSM to 129k attack at level 80. Godly!

Speed rangers have gotten a big high-five and now they're actually very worth considering for your team composition. Most speed rangers' mineral cost are now reverted to their level 1 base cost, with the exception of Hip-Hop Brown who remains at 210. Honey's mineral cost has been bumped down twice now, and she's so worth using now at a mere 160 mineral cost. All speed class Cony rangers are amazing as well, particularly Lucifer Cony, who packs a mighty punch for the measly cost. All of our speed class lowbies are going to reach level 20 now, but as long as their mineral cost remains the same as their level 1 to 10 cost, I see no downside to this.

Balance and speed rangers have gotten a fist-bump from the developers, too. Certain rangers have had their stats increased. I believe Masked Moon's HP and attack have both been increased, making him actually pretty decent as a pseudo-health ranger (level 80: 51.5k attack/531k HP). I don't have a hard comparison, but I do believe that Gentleman James got an increase, too. I mean, as far as undesirable 5-star rangers go, Gentleman James was unfortunately very close to the top of that list previously. 

"Some" miscellaneous rangers got buffed, like Sol. I admit I didn't always like him. I used to call him Greenie McDroopy (Fatty McDroopy's cousin. Who's his cousin? Dickey, of course.) At level 70 he was pretty decent but post-change, he's become really competitive. Sol has gone from ~13k attack at level 70 to ~30k attack. If you've been snacking on Sol instead of keeping him, you might be kicking yourself now! He has 567k health at level 80 and deals a 36k DPS to boot. Not bad at all. I'm sorry I ever doubted you, Mr. McDroopy.
Gold Brown is a cool new addition to the game. He will randomly appear in stages and he is basically a health ranger. He's a huge gold statue and twirls his way to the front line, then helps tank while jump-kicking baddies in the face. I have never had Gold Brown appear while I was farming easy stages so maybe it isn't completely random. Perhaps the game has some way of gauging if the player is having difficulty before giving you a chance to get Gold Brown.

Skyscraper Treasure Changed

The Skyscraper Treasure is finally what I wanted! Far-Reaching Insight now increases range instead of speed. This treasure won't increase your direct damage or anything, but it may indirectly save your rangers from death.



As shown in the picture here, you can see what 100% benefit of the new version of the Skyscraper treasure does. The increase isn't huge when you look at it alone, but the important thing is when you compare the maximum range of our rangers today versus the maximum range of our enemies, you will find that the extra distance may put our rangers safely out of the attack radius of certain attacks. So there you have it! Measurable treasure benefits!

27 comments:

  1. do the daily bonuses activate 12am japan time or later? (ie is double combine already active?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually it is 12:00am Japan time. Sometimes for some reason it doesn't happen on time. I think double combine is active right now.

      Delete
  2. Cool! It's nice we don't need to hunt for extra rangers of the same type if they were already maxed. DKB's range will be even more crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm... Anyone receive 100 Rubies on Welcome Back Event on top of the 40 rubies emergency maintenance? I've noticed some of my friends got this! Unfair!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read somewhere that people who did not play for 10 days or more will get 100 rubies right now if they come back to the game. If you play every day, it is the same. 10 days, 10 rubies per day = 100 rubies. No difference, just incentive for idle players to return.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I've seen Gold Brown, worth for some minutes defense on Altar of Flame.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do i kill Stage 112 without items? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fifty, there are YouTube videos people made for 112 no items. I suggest checking there. As of now I don't have plans to walk through 112.

      Delete
    2. Use sol xan alice luke opera james maskedmoon/warrjess/fmoon. The point is that you should use ranger that have high hp if you want to do 112 without items. Not *1 ranger.

      Delete
    3. Thanks. I actually trying to farm Masked Moon there - is 112 easier? Thank you so much.

      Delete
    4. 112 is the easiest of the 3 boss stages with Masked Moon in my opinion.

      Delete
    5. Tried more than 10 times but failed. Always hit the enemy tower halfway and the 'hurry up' thunder just killed most of my team. :( Maybe i should level up some of my rangers and fight again soon. Thank you for all the guide. :)

      Delete
  7. Sorry, my math is not so good, I'm still confused! Would you please kindly help me out?

    Before change, I have a 45/45 and a 29/40. The plan was to feed the 29/40 into the 45/45 and make a 50/50.

    After change, they became 45/55 and 29/50. I have two choices:
    A: play with 45/55, make it 55/55, feed the 29/50 to the 55/55 to make a 60/60. Quicker, but my 70/70 will not reach maximum potential.
    B: level my 29/50 to 50/50, feed the 45/55 to make a 55/55. TONS of lost gametime and experience, but my eventual 70/70 will reach maximum potential.

    Question: how different is version "A" 70/70 from version "B" 70/70? I know the answer before change, but after change I'm confused!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not sure what you mean by 70/70 getting or not getting to max potential. If it is a 4 star ranger they will get to 70 if you have combined 5 of the same rangers together. So it looks like so far you have 3, right (2 of them already combined to be 45/55)?

    As far as leveling it doesn't matter if you combine them now or combine them later. However, your leveling journey will be more enjoyable if you combine them right now. One of the benefits to combining same rangers is that you will gain 20% stat bonus each time you do (up to 4 times, maximum 80% increase). The second reason is gold. The higher level the soon-to-be-eaten-ranger, the more gold it will cost when you combine it into the ranger you are planning to keep. You might as well combine them now when it is only level 29, reap the 20% benefit and continue on your way with one 60/60 ranger. You need 2 more of the same ranger to get to 70/70 no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey talking about rangers combining, i also want to give you my 2cents.
      Have you ever make an experiment about the "best" 3*, 4* and 5* rangers to be sacrificed when combining a rangers?
      for example, in 4* category, we can get styne, ellin, sidny, clara for free (and easily, rather than fighter moon or warrior jessica), which one will give you more exp when you combine them with your ranger? .

      Delete
    2. @Panicbutton, Shuy1n:

      Thanks for your replies! Actually, fearing the worse, I did an experiment with an expandable ranger. It *is* the same! Yay! Basically,

      1) Stat increases are linear.
      2) 20% bonus for combining is applied *after* the merger, at the new, higher level.
      3) Every time the level cap is raised, the linear stat increases are boosted by 20%. So if I combine 3 rangers into 1 and then gain a level, I will get 140% of the "normal" stat increase.

      1, 2, and 3 are sufficient conditions for equivalency.

      Delete
    3. @frans It makes no difference "who" the Ranger is. All level 1 of the same star rating combine to give the same exp and they also sell for the the same amount of Gold. Combining Alice is the same exp as combining KSM.
      @Chun Lok I see what you were asking. Yeah, the 20% is always applied to the current level of the Ranger so combine now or combine at max, it will apply on top. It would be quite unfair if they penalized you for combining early instead of after max.
      But now I am not sure where you got 140% from :(

      Delete
    4. I think what he mean by gaining 140% is because he merged 3 rangers to 1. Basically one same ranger will gain 20%, so when he merged 2 ranger, he got 40%. (3 rangers, one is kept and two is combined).

      Delete
    5. That's a funny way of expressing it but I guess I follow. He meant he was getting whatever the normal linear level increase in stats + 40%.

      Delete
  9. I think Chun Lok might think that combine high level ranger would get greater bonus for the ranger.
    However, I have tested it and it doesn't matter whether you combined the high level ranger or low level ranger, as long as it is same ranger. The end-result regarding stats in the max level is same, I have tested that myself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hiphop brown attack speed reduced from fast to normal

    ReplyDelete
  11. This patch made Sol really strong.. his attack is about doubled now. I was having a rough time on 102 before the update, and I breezed through it like nothing after Sol got buffed. Went all the way up to 109 without losing at all, and only stopped because I ran out of feathers. I found that Sindy and Ellin got buffed too--attack was upped by roughly 3k at level 60.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, the point is to add a little bit of balance for people that do not have ksm or dkb. For people that like to farm sol or alice, so they can still do the stages without ksm. I think there will be new area in few weeks

    ReplyDelete