Thursday, May 15, 2014

Skyscraper - Videos and Thoughts

Skyscraper: Monkey brains, bats, ladybugs, dynamite... and twerking. What's not to love?
Although I don't think I like the poodle abusing goth chick.

[Update: May 21, 2014] 
Skyscraper has been revised. The boss stages are more difficult than they were at the initial release.

As some sort of consolation for making the area more challenging, LINE has sent us all a free Cobe. I like Cobe, but, I think it's still generally a bad idea to make stages more difficult after they have been released. That's just my personal opinion on game updates, though. I suppose it'll put players without special rangers in an even more precarious position for stage progression, and those with KSM & company may wince maybe a little at the change. Cobe may help, but probably not a ton. Cobe is a good splash ranger who can get herself (himself?) up to the front line fairly quickly and can take a few hits due to medium-high HP at max level. I believe this is the second free Cobe event since the launch of the game, so veteran players may have a level 60 Cobe already.

The New Stuff

The newly available 4 star ranger is Opera James and 5 star is Masked Moon. James is absolutely fantastic as he's a powerful splash ranger who costs less than Clara and maxes out at higher damage as well. Masked Moon at level is quite a piece of work. I personally haven't found a good reason to use him yet but at max, his health is insane and his attack is formidable. At lower levels, I would pass on him altogether because you have better options for both health and attack.

And the Treasure for this area is... click to find out!

Free Ranger Videos (Up to date)

First-time Playthrough Links 

I used Hip Hop Brown [70], KSM [55], Dancer King Boss [60], Sorcerer Cony [50], Charismatic Jessica [70] in almost all of these first attempts... just because I can. These videos were just for fun because I recorded the very first time I encountered the new stages. If you are looking for other ranger teams, I might work on those later, though there are plenty of people who do a better job of those kinds of videos than I do! I make no claims about being a good player, I just try my best with what I have, so proceed with the attitude of fun, please. [Update: All the boss stages were revised to be more difficult, featuring more mini boss enemies per stage. Videos are probably outdated but haven't had time to sort it all out so watch with caution.]

Stage 117 pwnd (me)
Stage 117 Cleared
Stage 118 Cleared

Stage 112 Cleared (Free rangers: Sol, Clara, Sindy, Warrior Jessica, Scott) - [Update: outdated due to stage revision]

First Impressions

I stand corrected on my previous predictions. This entire zone was trivialized significantly by KSM, Dancer King, Hip Hop and Bernard. If you watched my videos above, this is quite obvious. Every stage was one-shot except for 117 & 120. I got 120 on my 4th try (with Dancer King [60], Sorcerer Cony [50] and 3 lowbies). I still enjoyed it, though. Going back and trying these again with other ranger combinations will be fun.
Mundo? More like Psycho... Pet kidnapper. I don't like her. I bet she's the one who abducted Sally for the Alien King.
In addition, lowbies have made a huge comeback. I will try my best to remember to put KSM & company back in my team when I am not playing, sorry in advance if you use my help and get a Bella :( Koji (red jumpsuit enemy) is really terrible to deal with and having a horde of lowbies in the front helps a lot. Same with the dynamite enemies (not listed in the enemy collection). It's also very helpful on Stage 120 where Mundo (poodle riding boss) body slams everything in a huge radius. Might as well let her kill throwaway lowbies

Richard, the green dino mini boss, has an insane range. I mean, really ridiculously long range. Everything, including Dancer King Boss and probably most towers, gets hit by his splash damage. Any time this mini boss is present, it acts as a ticking time bomb because if you don't kill him in time, your tower will get splashed down and game over -- Use your Tower Repair carefully. Luckily, his attack speed is pretty slow, and he's not terribly difficult to block with a standard health ranger.

That's all the thoughts I have for now. Hope everyone is enjoying the new area's challenges.

36 comments:

  1. I wanted Opera James, cool! Some of my line ranger friends have already reached the final stage Lol. They are the ones with high level KSM's amongest other helpful rangers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I noticed that. They beat the whole new area in like 20 minutes after the release. @.@*

      Delete
  2. How did you find all those high level players to add as your friends? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, 90% of them found me.

      Delete
    2. what is your line id? :)

      Delete
    3. It was posted on friend id page above the comments but I removed it because tons of people were adding me all day and all night. I post and remove it from time to time there. I think I'll put it back later today.

      Delete
  3. Line id : heryzhang
    Stuck stage 102 , please help me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I did a couple videos on it already. Check out: http://linerangers.blogspot.com/2014/05/cits-stages-102-103-105-new-videos.html

      Delete
  4. I gonna leave this game u_u, waste 100 rubies and double chance to get 5 stars and get only 1 Luke, 1 Sandy and 3 stars vampires lol.... It's impossible to get new areas with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you unsatisfied with Luke and Sandy (isn't Cindy? O_o)? My pain was bigger yesterday, 100 rubies and 20 spent and I got 5 3✩ useless rangers, 1 Sol and 1 Alice, exactly the 5 stars that I don't need. Nobody saw that, but I feel like the developers are laughing a lot ¬¬

      Delete
  5. 4 star sindy, anyways I think Luke stinks vs Solx80%, I really don't know what is the chance to get 5 stars but I think it was 1% to get that luck. Have any ideas to defeat 98 stage I see some videos and panic shares but I can't raise my team to max level to do that. Thanks!.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I am going bonkers. I messed up some of the comments when I was messing around but looks like everything is ok again O_o

    Anyway. Sorry to hear you are having trouble with the gacha, Joan Ale and Reveh4. Sometimes it isn't kind. In fact most times, it isn't kind. I have had my share of terrible luck with this game. It is rare that it gives you anything good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was defeated pretty badly on stage 100. Levelling my Sol & Alice to 70 before I try again! Pretty anxious for tomorrow as I'll have 100 rubies for the gacha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dan, it's up to you what you do with your rubies, but I suggest saving them until line release new characters with even higher stats. You will get a double chance event as well. Just my 5 cents. .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip!! Unfortunately I saw it after I spent my rubies. No 5 stars for me...... Songster Cony and Opera James. The rest were 3 stars or below :(!
      I'll keep that in mind for the next time I have 100 rubies.

      Delete
  9. Please screenshot the enemies in the collection on this stage :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What's with the mama riding the poodle anyway?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? So disturbing xD
      She is like the security guard boss in earlier area, but her leap range is farther.

      Delete
    2. I thought the poodle's gonna jump but it's the girl who twerks and jumps like a cannonball >.< (if she's a ranger that would be awesome since she's long range :D)

      Delete
  11. I'm glad I read this. My mindset was right there with Dan. I am currently sitting on 99 rubies, ready to hit the Gacha tomorrow but after reading Tim's comment, I am reined back in. If you do not have ksm or dancer king (imo the only truly overpowered Rangers of the new set) by all means, try your hand as they'll make your life in area 8-10 much easier. I am lucky enough to already have them so I am going to try really hard to refrain from gacha until the next new rangers come.

    Their MO seems to be release new area, release new rangers, release new area, repeat. Probably in 2 weeks we'll see some new set of Rangers along with ruby bonus and double 5 star chance to give us a reason to pay again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think without KSM and dancerkingboss, all area in skyscrapper can be finished.
      I dont have any overpowered ranger and I can finish all stages with sorc cony (50) and opera james (60).

      Therefore I think it is best to wait for new ranger + double chance gacha event to use the rubbies.

      Delete
  12. One thing worth to notice. Either we realized it or not

    Line has locked a hole for hax strategy. My friend try almost 20 times at different area but the hax strategy was already dead. The last update locked hax gap

    I dont know, but you can try it. Now its not work out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing. That makes sense. Backdoor hack to pass hard stages seems like a bad thing to allow in the game.

      Delete
  13. Please only post ids in the friend id page. Postings elsewhere will be deleted. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi panicbutton on this new stage does KSM and dancer king boss and sorcerer are the only rangers worth having? cause i always see people using these 3 rangers are they a must obtain?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every stage in Skyscraper can be cleared without ksm, dancer king, and sorcerer Cony. It is a lot more challenging but not impossible. :)

      Delete
  15. Hello rangers. :) which stage is easier to farm Masked Moon without any items? :) thanks alot

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Panicbutton

    Here's my video for stage 112 with free ranger. Play after new patch(fix stat and max lvl)

    I put a description with Thai language. I will put for English later.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o_PIhdjRbQ

    ReplyDelete
  17. hi, any tips for stage 119? currently using 3 lowbies (glenn, bella and rei) plus dancer king and ksm. any other suggested rangers? and should i start game by upgrading minerals? i feel like i need to dispatch rangers right away because enemies are hard to kill. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gQa1hDxQ9Y&feature=youtu.be

      You can replace Clara in my strategy with KSM. Maybe replace Jessica with Dancer King, but I like Jessica more for splash damage. You can try it, though. The strategy is what is important. Upgrade minerals alongside deploying your lowbie at the start.

      Delete
    2. thanks for the help! just cleared 119 today in one try! now stuck on 120. haha. only tried once. a flood of enemies! 3 of the lady with poodle, yikes! tried using the ice+meteor but didnt seem to do her any damage.

      Delete
  18. Hi panicbutton, do u have any tips to pass stage 120? Or maybe u can make a post about it. I try a lot of strategies and it didn't work :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I wasn't really planning on posting about 120. I looked around and there are some pretty crazy good methods out there with free rangers and special rangers already on YouTube and I don't think I can do it any better than they already did. 120 is difficult but at least it's consistent in enemy formation. All I can say about all methods with 120 is, it's a marathon of a fight. Without special Rangers it can go on for 9-10minutes. Even with special Rangers expect to hit Hurry Up. It's not a fight that works well with Rangers with a huge long cool down like ksm and Bernard, however, I have seen people do it with them. There's just so many ways to do it.
      I dunno, I may change my mind about it later. Right now I have other research in mind I want to tackle so my head is on that stuff. :/

      Delete
  19. i hate skyscraper treasure D: my newcoming dwight from new deployment always make sace between him and navy (second boss) which make navy comes bit by bit
    i would prefer the previous treasure : increase attack speed

    ReplyDelete
  20. Personally I like the skyscraper treasure, but I don't understand why the developers don't give us the ability to 'disable' or 'enable' specific treasures at will. That will add another layer of strategy to the game. Hmmm maybe I should email them. .

    ReplyDelete