Saturday, May 31, 2014

New Rangers Released: Game Field to Farm Field


The new rangers are here! This is the 3rd month in a row that new rangers have hit the game in the early days of the month, so it seems like we are following a steady release cycle. On to the new stuff!
Ola Brown and Dumpy range comparison with Thunder Brown (front line), KSM and Songster Cony

Ola Brown - 5 star long-ranged Splash Ranger. Limited time only! Get him while you can because Ola Brown will only be available June 1 through June 30 GMT +9. This is the first non-melee Brown unit we have seen and he is so cute with his creepy football/soccer ball. He is currently the longest range splash ranger which works out in his favor since Ola's health is relatively low. His health is comparable to Cony, so he's quite weak. Ola will not live in the presence of Richard (green dino mini boss in Skyscraper zone) but he will serve you well from behind the fray in most other instances. His attack is nothing to write home about, but it's certainly better than the 4-star splash rangers. Ola is also cheaper to deploy than other 5-star splash units, only 350 minerals at max. In certain situations due to his superior cooldown, cost and speed, spamming a lot of Ola Brown may be more effective than deploying Sorcerer Cony, Sol, or KSM. At level 80, he has 48,898 ATK (also known as DPS)/104,781 HP. 
Dumpy -  5 star Attack Ranger. Mid-range. Absolutely insanely high attack. Makes Dancer King Boss' max attack seem like child's play, but Dumpy has a much shorter range to hit. His range is the same as Dwight and Sol. Even at level 1, he does 45K DPS, making him immediately viable to use. He's on relatively short cooldown and he costs 380 minerals to deploy at max which is really cheap! The problem with Dumpy is his health is pretty low unless you are lucky enough to get 5 Dumpies to combine. His level 80 stats are 476,905 DPS/319,334 HP. More attack than health? That's a first for rangers! 

Abdula, Dwight and Lightning Jessica range comparison with Witch Cony & Warrior Jessica
Dwight -  5 star Balance Ranger. Melee range, sort of. Insanely high attack, high health. Pretty costly to deploy but makes up for it in battle. As far as range goes, Dwight doesn't stand up where health rangers are. He's a little bit further back, which is ideal for a ranger of his strengths because he will allow the health rangers to take the direct damage while having enough health to stand in the heat of incoming splash damage and hold the line a bit if the health rangers die. His range is the same as Sol. His level 80 stats are 245,279 DPS/2,678,054 HP. Yes, you read correctly -- That's 2.6 million HP. He's pretty much a Bernard with actual damage capabilities. Dwight will be a very valuable team member despite not being a splash ranger. 

Abdula -  4-star mid-range Splash Ranger. Medium splash damage, high health, but costs a great deal of minerals to deploy. He stands the same distance from the enemy as Clara. Abdula trumps all the other 4-star splash rangers in damage. At first I was skeptical about him because he does cost quite a bit more than other 4-star splash rangers (760 at max) and it didn't feel like he did that much more damage. However, after doing some math, I have found that with the cost of his damage, he does in fact come out ahead of all four of the other 4-star splash units. So he is actually a good choice to use if you can afford him. But what's important is he has the most hilarious attack animation. Maybe Abdula is the pet chicken's name, who knows? :) At level 70, Abdula sports 69,668 DPS/381,790 HP.

Lightning Jessica -  4 Star Speed Ranger. Only way to describe her is a mini Hip-Hop Brown. High speed, spammable, cheap. Doesn't quite have the attack or health for tanking the way Hip Hop does, so my initial thought is if you have a maxed Hip Hop Brown, you probably don't need to bother with Lightning Jessica. Another thing that's somewhat off about her is unlike her melee splash lookalikes, Lightning Jessica does not stand in actual tanking range (see picture above). Her distance is the same as Sol, Dwight and Dumpy. So if you're looking to use her as a tanking alternative, I'd be a little wary. She leaves a lot of room between her hit range and the enemy's hit range, which may result in allowable enemy forward marching space. Lightning Jessica's stats at level 70 is 21,975 DPS/305,089 HP.

Position comparison between new rangers and Sol. Dumpy, Dwight and Lightning Jessica stand at the same range as Sol

All 5 new rangers tearing up the place in 117
All in all, the new rangers are pretty impressive, with maybe the exception of Lightning Jessica. The game makers have really tried to give us a wide array of ranger attributes to choose from. I can definitely foresee situations where you cannot use some of our new overpowered friends, but many situations where they will excel and give you a huge advantage.

Does this mean that we don't need or want KSM, DKB, SongCo, Hip-Hop and Bernard? Absolutely not. They each have their own strengths and will fill different needs depending on the stage and the rangers you have available. Now, if you have Dwight and Bernard, you probably won't put both on your team, but certainly if have just Dumpy and Bernard, it's not a bad combo at all. Hip-Hop as a tanking hybrid will still be better than Lightning Jessica and hold speed advantage over Dwight. Dancer King is still the king of range though he does not have the DPS of Dumpy. But sometimes safety in far-range is more important than 500-600K hits. So, it all depends!

Good luck, everyone! If you are curious about GACHA probability, check out this post.

67 comments:

  1. Few minutes ago, I get Ola Brown and Dwight. Dwight is Balance type, in level 4 he has 260,000 HP and 20,000 attack. He is awesome monk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dwight is pretty good. He's just a bit expensive but since he has so much health, I feel confident he won't die and will be quite worth the mineral. I think I like Dwight as a team member.

      Delete
  2. Just rolled the jackpot of gachas... 201 rubies got me:
    KSM, Dancer King Boss, Charismatic Jessica, Lia, Legend Boss, Honey, Ola Brown, Champion Moon, Alex, Jason, and 2 Managers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/wsx331/10375099_10152484145762700_6544127350156804123_n_zpsd9257f3b.jpg

      I took a screen of the Ola Brown incase you're interested

      Delete
    2. That's an incredible haul, Dan! Very lucky and congrats! I got a lot of trash lol
      Thanks for the screenshot too. I will post an update to my list of rangers with it. :)

      Delete
  3. I got ola too. I think he is cheap splash ranger that has far range. Only downside is his attack damage is low compared to other new ranger.
    Still do not know how it goes compared to other splash ranged ranger

    ReplyDelete
  4. dumpy maxed out at level 60: http://cdn.kaskus.com/images/2014/05/31/6609447_201405311131420526.jpg

    that's not mine, i got it from a forum

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got all 5 Dwight, 5 Ola, 1 Dumpy today. Dwight is the best of the bunch. I tested him at stage 112 and he kept the entire group of enemies locked at the foot of the tower lol. Dumpy dies just as fast as he moves, can't take more than a few hits from the Ladybug let alone the Blue Dino. A group of Ola can do wonders to our team, but they will all die under splash damage from the Green Dino. Dwight is the King!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Luva1s! I suspected that as powerful as Dumpy is, his weakness would be HP. He's a little glass cannon. How's Ola's health as a splash unit?

      Delete
    2. Ola is pretty weak but his attack speed makes up for his low health. 5 to 6 of him can deal hefty damage provided that he's not within an enemy's splash range.

      Delete
    3. Ah. Is his cooldown about the same as other splash rangers? Pretty long? If his health is average, attack is average, is his only advantage affordability?

      Delete
    4. He takes about 6 seconds to cool down. His only advantage is speed attack. At level 68, he deals 42554 damage per second. I'll try to get him to level 80 as soon as possible and keep you updated.

      Delete
    5. That's short as far as splash rangers go. Thank you for sharing!

      Delete
    6. I think the cooldown of ola is similar to opera james. I have tried it myself

      Delete
    7. Thanks! I got him finally and I got Dumpy too! I'll do some testing with them when I have some time. :D

      Delete
  6. Not only that Ola Brown range is far, the damaged splash area is also very far. Even more splash area than the KSM. However his HP is very very low. Only about 120k at level 80

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ewww..... Very unlucky i got none of special characters and most of three stars heroes. Did you guys invest real money in this game? :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Double chance day during March to May, I spent 700 rubies (in 5+1 Gacha), got 2 Sol and 2 Masked Moon, others are Dane, Manager, Sindy, Clara, Jason, Duncan, Hero Jessica, Champion Moon.

      Two hours ago, I spent 200 rubies (also in 5+1 Gacha), I got 3 Dwight, 3 Sorcerer Cony, 3 Dancer King Boss, 1 Abdula, 1 Dane, 1 Manager

      I didn't use real money to purchase ruby. Yesterday morning I won stage 120 by using Clara + Opera James + 3 one-star rangers + selected friend's help from Miss Panicbutton, and I was at level 78.

      So it doesn't really matter if you don't have any special rangers in this moment.

      Delete
    2. I'm so demotivated of not getting any special rangers for myself. I've been investing my time in the game so much and got nothing. The only best spin i am rewarded was Macho Moon. Haizzzzz....

      Delete
    3. How did you get 900 rubies without spending?

      Delete
    4. I spent $30 for around 284 gems and got myself 1 dwight, 1 dumpy, 2 abdullah, 1 sorc conny, and 1 ksm. Rest are unimportant rangers. Gotta admit that I dont really need those rangers because I have reached stage 120, but the urge to get best available ranger is so huge :D

      Delete
    5. That's an incredibly well spent $30, sir. I was not so lucky, spent a great deal more. Nothing compared to my attempts 2 months ago with Cony but still, money is money. At least I got the good stuff this time around!

      Delete
    6. @fifty & other players who didn't get stuff: Yep, real $. I view it as a gamble either way. I'm so used to disappointment with Gacha that when I do get something it's extra happy for me lol. Don't despair if you didn't get anything special. The game is still playable with free rangers. Even with all the special Rangers, I still feel like I haven't won until I've done it without them. I recognize that the money spent is just for fun. Like if I play at a carnival or arcade.
      Honestly 120 today is nothing compared to the stupidity that was original version of 84, and I still won that after a crazy amount of frustration and grinding. That was before Clara was a free Ranger and all the changes. When there's a will, there's a way. Don't give up!

      Delete
  8. Is it me or do u all notice that after the introduction of these new rangers, the difficulty levels of each stage have been increased?

    ~Anon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't noticed difficulty changes today personally. Isn't it already hard enough since May 22 revision? D:

      Delete
    2. I've been grinding at boss stages 88,92, 94,100,104 for exp and rangers for some time and after the update I realised that my team just can't win as easily as before.

      ~Anon

      Delete
    3. at 88, 92 is still as usual, for me.. but the percentage i get at level 52 is the same i got at level 51, which is abotu 3%

      Delete
  9. I'm even more unlucky. I bought 456 rubies and get only Lightning Jessica, one Bernard and Xan plus Cobe and a few 4 star that are freebies in-game. The rest are 3 stars like Lucas, Walter, Cookie etc. The last double event I did just as bad with multiple Sol and Xan and lots of 3 stars. Told myself I wouldn't spend any more money on LINE games but couldn't resist the urge, really wanted Dwight lol. GOD damn LINE. Feeling really stupid spending $100s on mobile game. Never again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. welcome to the league brother...maybe we even going to create a community of unlucky people soon....hahas...:D

      Delete
    2. I've spent around $300+ on rubies for my wife and I. Certainly not the most anyone's spent on rubies, but it's the first time I've paid any amount of money for a mobile game from the app store. The rangers are just too cute, and the game is too addictive! At least LINE is throwing rubies our way via daily logins.

      Delete
  10. No one can get a worse gacha than me!!
    I used 200 Rubies
    1st 5+1: Two 5-star (Thunder and Ola Brown) and Three 3-star
    2nd: FIVE 3-star and one 4-star (Ellin)

    GOSH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually you still quite lucky to get ola brown

      Delete
    2. Ola Brown within 200 rubies is very lucky still.

      Delete
  11. http://www.appguru.com.tw/appguru/apps/387032

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that gives you complete max stats of those new guys!

      Delete
    2. anyone able to translate the charts on this page?

      http://www.appguru.com.tw/appguru/apps/385736

      Delete
    3. There is a lot of good article there, only it is in chinese..
      Google translate doesn't help much either

      Delete
  12. Lol 2.5 millions hp and insane attack poor aliens...

    Where I have to sign to join on unlucky club? I waste 200 free rubies and buy other 200 to get 20 3 stars moons and 3 masked 5 stars, at least I'm in 120 stage or that game will be uninstalled.

    If I uninstall I loose all characters?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. When you reinstall and log in with same login, your Rangers will be back. That's what the faqs say anyway.

      Delete
    2. Unlike some other popular games (e.g. Pocket Planes), your game follows your LINE account, not your device. Hence the loading screen everytime you boot up the game.

      Delete
  13. I only got Lightning Jessica, 2xfighter moon, hiphop brown Lucas & frankie, for my 5+1 gacha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiphopbrown is good

      Delete
    2. You're lucky to get Hip Hop Brown!

      One of my recent 5+1 gachas gave me four 3 star and one 4 star rangers. Make peace with the gacha machine lol!

      Delete
  14. 100 rubies spin and i got Abdulah! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. 200 rubies get 7 - 3star , 4 - 4star and 1 - 5 star ...
    WTH! no new ranger at all !!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I spent 220 rubies and got no new Rangers, too! I hate Gacha so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i spent 180 rubies on gacha, and i got 2 dwight,dkb,thunder brown,bernard,biker james, and the rest is either free rangers or 3 star garbage.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Spend 20 rubies got dwight hahah

    ReplyDelete
  19. :( cant buy gems so can only rely on login bonus and stage bonus.so far only have xan sol warrior jess opera james and ellin

    ReplyDelete
  20. All my friends are like "wow got ola brown" or "wow got abdula"and im just envying them all the way

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just ran into your blog today, great researches throughout. Wonder if you can tell me is it better to sell say a full-level Styne or to use it for upgrade while paying even more for it to be combined as material.

    My gut feeling is, it is best to upgrade a ranger at level 1 as it costs only $180.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its probably better that u keep the styne

      Delete
    2. For example, if I have one 3-stars, I sell it I get $720. I also have one 2-stars, I sell it I get $240, so total I get $960. If I combine them first on a normal day, I spend $240+$180=$420, but when I sell it I get $924, so I earn less than I sell them separately.
      Same thing if I have two 3-stars, combining first doesn't earn money, will in fact lose money.
      So if combining loses money, is it better to sell?

      Delete
    3. That's a personal choice. It is more cost efficient to combine a higher level Ranger even though it costs a lot because to combine level ones until you get the same amount of experience actually costs more. But selling or combining is entirely a choice up to you. Styne is a decent ranger, and you never know if stats will change with the growing game. But if you need it to immediately level someone more needed, then that's up to you. Styne is farmable so no real loss but time.

      Delete
  22. So unlucky during gacha event
    Used 20 ruby gacha on day 2 of the event and only got 3 star TOTI I want Dwight, Dumpy! My dream team is SoCo, Luke, KSM, Dwight and Dumpy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You guys are SO LUCKY for getting those special rangers as mine is only KSM and I haven't even completed KSM and friends

    ReplyDelete
  24. Okay, I got my Dumpy from those two Gacha tickets that were given to us as an apology for some inconvenience (?).
    Oh... Mah... Gah... Dumpy is extremely overpowered! It's ridiculous! He just glides through the enemies like a knife through butter! He pwns anything and anyone standing on his way! I only lvl'd him up to lvl 52 and he already has 187k ATK and 123k HP. People say that his HP is low, but I wouldn't say so! He's generally able to survive 2 or even 3 hits while absolutely pwning any damn thing!
    Now I'm saving up for 100 premium Gacha... hoping to roll him again. If i'm lucky enough, I'm thinking after the upgrade he'll be my absolute annihilation machine (well he is already, kinda)!
    DUMPY IS THE BEST! ;D

    Cheers,
    Kat,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so incredible!!!
      I only got Lightning Jessica!

      Delete
  25. Hi how frequent do new rangers get added to the game? Every month?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far the pattern has been new rangers every month.

      Delete
  26. I think there are newer rangers on June 18 or another gacha event. I hope to get Dumpy or Dwight really soon

    ReplyDelete
  27. I got a useless Masked Moon and one of my friends also got the same but one of them got 4 star Alex

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi. I thought line ranger was giving out thunder brown if I have red brown at level 60 on 18 June. Apparently, some of my friends received but not me. Any idea?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you fulfilled all the requirements, no idea. You should contact them via Settings button.

      Delete