Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Ancient Museum - Area 6 Treasure - Tower HP

Tower Health Treasure

Just something I noticed and thought was kind of quirky. Area 6's treasure increases tower HP. We know that Area 9's treasure increases damage by 45.45%. How much does Area 6's treasure increase tower HP? Well as it turns out, it's also 45.45%
Level 1 Tower HP...
Tower has 14545 HP at level 1, with 100% Ancient Museum Treasure benefit
When you start the game, you begin with a tower HP of 10000 (at Tower HP level 1). When you gain 100% of Ancient Museum's treasure, your tower gains 4545 HP, for a total of 14545, or a 45.45% increase. 

This knowledge isn't necessarily important, it's just kind of a "hmm, that's sort of neat" observation. :) 

I previously thought that they changed the way tower HP increased by not relying only on the upgrade level, but also increasing it automatically with each player level you gain; this turns out to be false. If you don't level your Tower HP in the Upgrade screen, assuming treasure is still locked, your tower will remain at 10000 HP forever.

It's kind of funny, but on my test account, I managed to get all the way to stage 119 in Skyscraper before tower HP level 1 became a problem. Stage 119 is a very short path stage where you face off very early on with Richard the green mini boss who has the ability to long-range splash your tower. Of course, if you are playing with free rangers all the way up, you will need more tower HP much, much earlier. 

But why 45.45%? It's kind of an odd number to go by. I wonder what other treasure effects are +45.45%...

12 comments:

  1. hi panic, sorry for oot, but i seem to be unable to comment under the right post.
    so i have a question, my little brother played my line ranger and he used up my battle points until almost empty. so can i still play battle? if i cant, ill play more and level up haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What battle points? For PvP battles? Do you mean the rainbow feathers which respawn at the rate of one every 30 minutes? Or your score which starts at 1000 and gets increased or decreased as you win or lose respectively?

      Delete
    2. the 1000 points, thank you.

      Delete
    3. You can battle as long as you have special feathers. If you're close to 0 pts you have a long way to fight upward to a ranking score, but you'll still get at least 20 rubies for the week.

      Delete
    4. what if i hit zero? my points wont be decreased anymore or i become ineligible to battle?

      Delete
    5. Dunno if it goes negative. But since developers seem to hate giving us more numbers than is absolutely necessary, I would guess 0 is as far as it goes. You can still battle as long as you have feathers.

      Delete
    6. ah, thank you :3

      Delete
  2. Panic, that's stage 104, not 119 ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I meant Richard the green guy, not Convini. I realized it last night but too lazy to edit post xdd. You caught me, Dali!

      Delete
  3. Very late to this post, but I have a theory on the 45.45% amount: There are a total of nine stars to get for each treasure (1~3 stars for each of the three given items), right? If each star gained were to increase things by 5%, that would result in 45% for all nine stars, with just a bit extra thrown in for completing the set.

    Why that little bit extra is .45, I have no idea. I would have thought it nicer to just round it to 50%, but I my point of view is obviously a bit compromised.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Theory guy here, again. I did just have a thought as to why it's .45: Each increase of 5% (if true) is measured in the game as 11% of the total treasure, and .45 is 1% of 45.

    Maybe I'm right, after all. That's... somewhat unusual...

    ReplyDelete