Wednesday, April 30, 2014

New Rangers Released + Castle in the Sky Thoughts

I woke up yesterday morning and it was all mayhem because all the obtainable rangers in boss stages were different. I woke up this morning and apparently the entire player community has gone amok because new and even more outrageously overpowered rangers have been released! And it's Bonus Ruby time and double chances on Premium Gacha time, and to top it all off it's Double Coin day. It's been a very unproductive day for me. Been playing Rangers all day.

My discussion of Castle in the Sky part one was very long in the making, but with the advent of the new rangers, the last half of the zone got obliterated in about an hour. I don't want to write up part 2 just yet, because writing how I beat it with the new rangers seems like a waste. This post will be just about the set of new rangers as well as some thoughts about how they are a good fit for tackling Castle in the Sky.
KSM is picked on by his wife, but he only takes his anger out on Alien Army members
First things first, Sorcerer Cony has been overthrown by this fine gentleman as the most overpowered ranger in the game to date. Mr. KSM, you are a very mysterious fellow. Why is his name KSM? What does it mean and what does it stand for? My theory is KSM are his initials. I wish we could see the breast pockets of his robe because I bet KSM is embroidered there. Why does KSM have so much rage? What does his wife do to him? We'll never know...

Level 1 KSM, Level 1 Dancer King Boss destroying the Fart King
Mr. KSM is a splash ranger and he will be undoubtedly the most sought after ranger by everyone. At level 1 he costs 540 mineral to deploy which may seem like an astronomical amount of resources for one unit, but at level 1, his attack DPS is already 10500. Honestly, if you get him from GACHA, go ahead and use him right away, even if you don't have anyone to synthesize him with to level up. At level 1, he's already as good as Opera James at level 40. At level 41 to 50, KSM costs 740 to deploy, which may seem like a lot, but as you head into Castle in the Sky, all the stages lend themselves to splash damage a lot. At Stage 104 and beyond, the pathways are very short so KSM's Very Slow speed is not much of a problem, while his damage will knock everything out in a few hits. I was skeptical, but he is well worth the money. In addition, his max range is the same as Opera James, so he can safely dole out the pain from behind the fray. He can't avoid the unicycle or the ice cream enemies' splash damage, but (1) KSM has a lot of health and (2) if you deploy in the right order, you'll have enough KSMs out to obliterate them in no time at all. His cooldown (time before you can deploy him again) is very long, even longer than other splash rangers by a little bit, but I've been finding it ok because it takes a while to even regenerate that kind of cash.
Dancer King Boss has the master moves and a keen sense of style
Dancer King Boss is really awesome and not just because he hurls disco balls across the room. Dancer King overthrows Sindy as the ranger with the longest range and outperforms Lia, Alice, Sindy and Legend Boss as the highest single target DPS. Look closely at the picture below for the left-most Dancer King Boss and the left-most Sindy. That's how much further back Dancer King Boss can stand. In stage 104, Dancer King pops and remains at the foot of the home tower while damaging enemies standing at the foot of the enemy tower. Talk about far! Needless to say, he also out-ranges the ice cream splash damage, which will make him ideal for most stages in Castle in the Sky. To give you an idea of  how powerful he is, maxed out at level 70, Dancer Boss King deals over 100,000 DPS. He is very bit as OP as I make him seem, trust me.


Honey roasted peanut Bernard is kind of a beach bum. But who surfs with socks on? That's just weird.
Bernard is like the new Thunder Brown. Really, really slow, doesn't do a lot of damage, but his potbelly gives him about one million HP when he's at level 50. One. Million. He costs 820 mineral to deploy, but that's not my only problem with him. Bernard does not really allow himself to be the only tank in your team because his cooldown (time before you can deploy him again) is *insanely long* for a health unit. His cooldown is the same as KSM's, something like 12 seconds. 12 seconds for a splash ranger is acceptable because you will most likely be sending out other rangers in between, but for a health ranger to have such a long cooldown and at such cost is almost detrimental. One million HP is actually nothing when you're up against 10 Tylers (paper airplane enemy). He's also Slow move speed.

I don't think I will be using him much, just like I didn't end up using Thunder Brown much. They have a ton of health but because of their cost and speed, I just don't believe they're very functional for holding the front line. Maybe for Stage 97 and 98, but beyond that, I think I'll just use this guy...

Brown gets cooler every time we see him. Lightning kicks and tattooed fist. Eat your heart out.
Hip Hop Brown is amazing. Unique to Brown as a speed ranger, he gains a lot of HP as you level him and he has a 3 second cooldown just like Honey. He walks really fast and the best part is he only costs 210 mineral which means you can spam him like crazy and he's just as good at holding the front line as any tank. He walks faster than Honey, which is pretty fast for a big meaty ranger.

On a related note, if you logged in recently, you would have gotten a bonus 3 star ranger, Red Brown. He's like Hip Hop Brown's little brother. 3 star, so less meaty, but still very good and very cheap to deploy. Great for lower stages and only 120 minerals to deploy. 

Poor Songster Cony. She's a hipster and she has a bit of potential, but lacks talent indeed.
Songster Cony is kind of like Sorcerer Cony's baby sister. She joins the ranks with other 4-star ranged splash units, and she performs about as well. Where Opera James and Clara fall short in both move and attack speed, she excels. Her attack power at level 40 isn't terrible, but it's not great, either. Especially with level 60 Clara being so available to the public these days, Songster Cony seems to fall short for me in desirability. If Clara is your only other ranged splash unit, though, Songster Cony will do nicely to join your team. She has quite long range as well, just short of Sindy's. 

Seems to me like KSM, Dancer King Boss are at the top of the wish list with Hip Hop Brown not far behind. The new rangers will surely make Castle in the Sky much easier for people. I'm still not sure why KSM wants to save Sally but we're lucky to have him on our side. If you have the cash to spare, now's the time to play the GACHA machine with double chances and bonus rubies. Good luck, everyone!

24 comments:

  1. How did you manage to get all those rangers? I did a 5+1 after the double chance for 5* yet still only got a Xan. Others were Clara and 3 stars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some money, and a lot of overdue luck. Frankly, the amount of money I spent trying to get Sorcerer Cony and getting 25 Cooks, 40 Vlads, 20 Ryans and other garbage like that instead... I think getting the new rangers this time around is my luck arriving a bit late. Better late than never.

      Delete
  2. Panic

    I want to know honestly from you.....with all your super rangers.....how many times you spin gacha ? (i really want to know because i think it's a big cost to play this game)

    any tips to spin gacha machine (maybe when and how) ? which one do you prefer 20x or 100x ?

    thanks a bunch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really depends on your luck. For me I've gotten 4 of the 5 new rangers (did not managed to get KSM) by spinning 4 times of the 5+1 option. Wherelse my friend only managed to get KSM in his spins.

      Delete
    2. See below for long winded reply. Short answer is 20 or 100 ruby premium are the same chances. Every spin is luck, pure and simple.

      Delete
  3. I believe it's all down to luck. I've gotten a sorcerer on my fifth spin. And I haven't paid a single cent.

    ~Anon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. My first 5+1, I got sorcerer. Then on the next, I got two 5* jessicas and a bee. After that, nothing.

      Never paid for rubies.

      Delete
  4. ^ Previous replies are right. It's completely luck. I've played 5+1 premium gacha more times than I can possibly count during ruby bonus events, and I must tell you I have two friends who not only got Sorcerer Cony, but got her 3 times. Each time I joked and said, I bet you're going to get a Cony, and then they really got a Cony. But for myself, never got her even once. Yesterday I was blown out of my chair when I got all 5 of the new ones. Not once, but multiple times! My dancer king is going to mega OP.
    However I will say this: the April 29 patch update does say premium gacha chances have permanently increased. There are on the Internet who have said they got a lot of 5 stats yesterday taking advantage of other additional double chance event; on the flip side, some people said they spent 1000 rubies, and didn't get a single new Ranger. They didn't even get Sorcerer Cony. It is all random, luck of the draw, somewhat of a gamble. Myself, I've made my peace with the Gacha Machine after all the disappointment over the last few weeks. If I play, I have full expectations to get Dane, Cook, Vlad, Hunt, Lucas and Alex, and if I get anything else, it's already a good day lol. I'll give you another example, I love Brown & Cony so when I saw Cobe, I wanted her more than anything. All the spins of 5+1 never got me a single Cobe until yesterday. I got cobe not once, but SIX times in one day. I got her actually twice in one spin. There's no rhyme or reason to it.

    Since I have some luck telling other people they're going to get good Rangers, I hope you guys get Mr. ksm. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah so sad then.....

    some countries got special treatment from line....they give 300 rubies...currently they give 300 rubies in thailand.....a few weeks ago hongkong and china....

    I disappointed ith the way line treat each country and I hate to gamble my money for 3 stars rangers.....

    one of my line friends said its better line give him a price tag.....let say sorceror cony - 200 rubies.....rather than told us to spinning this luck machine.....not fair for people who already spent money and got a 3 stars ranger

    just my thoughts

    dont worry my friend....I shared same sadness with you....been spent some money but never ever got a good splash rangers.....maybe your country and I are same....a lot of my friends also never got sorcerer cony or other good splash rangers.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ^ Yep, same sentiment, I'm 100%with you on this. I was actually pretty pissed off about this special region treatment on April 29. I sent Line a feedback email about precisely this. I asked why can't all players in every region enjoy the same events? They advertised that the people in Hong Kong and Taiwan would get 300 rubies for stage clear 50 & 60, but people reportedly got 300 to 900 free!!!!!!! It was real because they posted the screenshot of rubies in their mailbox. 900?! That is$147 usd worth of rubies, which btw, is a lot of money! 900 for free is outrageous, and meanwhile players in other countries got nothing but 1 daily (which Hk and Taiwan regions also get daily).

    Line replied to me... I'll post it later. It's really not a satisfactory reply to my email, but whatever. I just think it's not nice to give some regions all the special treatment.

    I think we should all contact line (in the contact button inside Rangers game) and let them know that you're from _____ and you wish that your country was included in the events that regions get too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. Totally agree with u.... It.s UNFAIR!!!!
      I feedback to Line too.

      Delete
    2. We use gacha machine with MONEY while pray to get a good ones.

      While people at other regions enjoy their free rubies and often got a good rangers

      Like my friend said, no wonder God line rangers player often came from HK and taiwan because they got special treatment

      Its a discrimination and injustice

      Delete
  7. Yeah I would like to get those rangers as well. It's true you are very lucky. I did get some 5 star rangers like Sol, Legend Boss, Honey, Lucifer Cony, Xan. But I got mostly 4 star rangers like General Brown, Ellin, Fighter Moon, Macho Moon, Rapper Boss, Alex. And the rest were 3 star rangers. I didn't have any luck on the 5+1 premium one but I did have luck spinning the 20 rubies one. Which I was able to get some good rangers from it. However, I really want Mr. KSM and Songster Cony.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to post my email inquiry to them below. I admit, when I first found out that HK/Macau region got the 300 ruby event, I was pretty sad. I figure, that's probably their biggest player base, I guess it makes sense they want to make a big splash there. But it was sort of backwards - wouldn't you want the regions with fewer players to have more events so that you can win over more players in those places? Anyway, when I found out on April 29 after they started to actually send out the free rubies to players who "earned" them, that they got not just 300 but some got 900 rubies (by mistake or not, I'm not sure, but they got them!), I was pretty irritated. Then the last straw was when I opened my game and saw the "new" notice appear and they are talking about the ruby event, thank you for participating......... Well, the US region never got it, why am I getting this notice? It was really pissing me off. Then later that night they said that there were problems and that they had to delay the ruby giveaway and US region players got that notice too. That was really the last straw for me, getting notices about events that I am not part of. So I emailed them, fully aware that it may not do anything to change, but I had to do something! Their reply seems to hint that it's possible other regions may soon get something too, but they'll never promise it. I also think that since they made such a debacle of the actual dispensation of the rubies to the regions that got it that there must be some kind of difficulty in doing this event, maybe that's why they have to do it in sections. Who knows.

    Here is what I emailed to LINE from the game (Settings> Contact Us)
    Can line make it so all regions enjoy the same events, equal opportunity? It is very unfair and saddens me that various communities in Asia enjoy the free 300 ruby event for levels 50 and 60, while United States players don't get anything. I know the player base is bigger in Asia but if you are trying to grow your user base and expand in new regions you should at least be willing to give us the same perks. The Internet makes everything transparent. We know that other regions got so many events.

    >>>And here is their reply to me<<<
    Thank you for playing LINE Rangers, and for your inquiry regarding the stage clear event.

    We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the problem which prevented some players from receiving their stage clear rewards.

    We carried out emergency work to fix this problem at 9am (GMT+9), on April 30th, and all eligible players should have now received their rewards.

    * Please note that this event was only run in Taiwan. Also, we previously ran the same event in Hong Kong and Macao.

    Therefore, if you live in Taiwan, Hong Kong or Macao, but the country your Google/iTunes account is registered to is not one of these three countries then you are not eligible to receive the stage clear event's rewards.

    We apologize if we fell short of your expectations on this occasion and ask for your understanding regarding this issue.

    We will pass on your feedback to the department that deals with the game's development, where it may be considered for use in the planning of future events.

    We are sorry that we could not be of more assistance on this occasion, but we will be running other fun and exciting events in the future and we ask that you check the in-game 'Notice' area from time to time for event notifications.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Note in particular in the reply:
      "Please note that this event was only run in Taiwan. Also, we previously ran the same event in Hong Kong and Macao.

      Therefore, if you live in Taiwan, Hong Kong or Macao, but the country your Google/iTunes account is registered to is not one of these three countries then you are not eligible to receive the stage clear event's rewards."

      I did try to switch my phone over to other regions to see if I could get it, but it did not work. And this more or less explains why it doesn't work. It has to be an event designated for your region :(

      To this, I encourage you all who are feeling the same way that I do, please send LINE feedback and tell them that you are disappointed and hope that other regions can also get this ruby event, and any other of the fun stuff that the Asia regions get. We are all LINE Rangers players, we should all get to participate!

      Delete
    2. I live in HK and got 300 rubies. I think it's determined by the phone number where you registered your line account and that is set for life. People in TW tried to use VPN to get in on the HK event but failed.

      Delete
  9. This post has been updated to reflect the changes to KSM, Dancer King Boss, Bernard, Hip Hop Brown and Red Brown. Pretty much every ranger got a slight buff. Red Brown was the only one who got a slight downgrade of attack speed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in indonesia, now there is 300 rubies event in my country but i already clear 60 stages and i dont know how to claim it can u show me how to do it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read the news sidebar on the right. Also for all special events I recommend reading the details carefully in the Settings>Notice button in the future so you don't get your hopes up. Usually event giveaways occur after the period of the event is over.

      Delete
    2. Same here, where's my ruby??

      Delete
  11. Talking about luck. I'm a newbie, I spun 5+1 gacha machine for the first time in double chance event using free gems from leveling up and 30 gems from new player gift. Guess what I got? I got Dancer King Boss, Dwight, Charismatic Jessica, Lia, Biker James, and Underwear Brown. With them I'm already at level 24 and stage 62 only in TWO DAYS! But then I got stuck because those annoying scorpions and ugly hairy turtles :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. I from indonesia,why event 300 ruby clear 60 stage,Why am I not getting 300 ruby ​​in this sense the 30th, please reply

    ReplyDelete
  13. Im from indonesia why i dont get my 300 rubies , i already clear 60 stages, please faster reply

    ReplyDelete