Friday, April 11, 2014

Close But No Cigar

I was on a bit of a high from getting my Clara ranger to level 50 and decided to give the wretched Stage 84 another try. More about this gray-hair-causing stage later, after I manage to beat it one day, but today, here's how the enemy tower looked when I was done with it.
...............no words..............

Rats!

The team I used was:

  • Clara level 50
  • Charismatic Jessica level 50
  • Hero Jessica level 50
  • Fighter Moon level 50
  • Sindy level 58 (Did not end up using her at all)
I will say this - who you receive from your friend/sidekick impacts how well it will fare enormously unless you have Sorcerer Cony in your own possession. In this attempt, I got a Sorcerer Cony, Lucifer Cony and a Cobe from a friend + one extra Clara support unit. In subsequent attempts, I either messed up timing or did not get splash damage rangers from friends/sidekicks. 

Well, let's hope this weekend I can get Clara to level 60 and maybe the other 175k tower hp will be knocked out. For now, Stage 84 is still owning me.

After I got all bummed out, I made a neat team just for fun.
OP team of awesome bears
I love Brown so much. 

10 comments:

  1. How u defeat the boss that farts away all your frontliner?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The current method to clear 84 is not to plan on killing the farting boss at all.
      Check out my new post on what I did for 84.
      http://linerangers.blogspot.com/2014/04/stage-84-strategies-and-thoughts.html

      Delete
  2. do you have any recommendation which stage to grind for stage 84?

    my current team are,
    Sorcerer Cony lvl 26
    SINDY lvl 37
    KSM lvl 23
    LUKE lvl 23
    STYNE lvl 34

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since you have 2 good splash rangers, try 76. If it is too much, 73 should be much easier.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. I grind on stage 83, about 540 exp per run, do you think these are decent?

      Delete
    4. Boss stages always give a bit more. They might take a little more time but 76, 80 have chances at 4 star Jessica and 5 star Sol. Even if you don't use use them you can combine them with your Rangers for exp. 76 gives 550, 80 gives 570. If you can manage it I always think think the boss stages before the stage you're stuck is a better place to grind exp

      Delete
  3. I'm still having trouble tanking the boss, LIKE and STYNE is kinda slow, do you think I should replace it with another ranger?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is so slow. If you can predict the time it takes before he dies and get another there in time, sure he's ok, but if he dies before his cool down is up then he needs a co-tank or replacement. Any brown is going to be faster. I personally like general Brown if you have him. Even some beefier Moons are good, including fighter (for co-tank) or Macho (replacement). In addition addition if you get Warrior Jessica to lv50-60 she has over 100000 hp and can serve as a co-tank to hold off u til styne can arrive again. If I recall, Luke is kind of slow too and he will end p hurting your front line if he can't get there to start damaging fast enough. For a stage like 84 with ridiculous long path, faster moving Rangers will almost always increase overall damage and make your life easier. Have you checked my revised 84 post? http://linerangers.blogspot.com/2014/04/the-new-stage-84-and-other-oddities.html?m=1

      Delete
    2. Hey mate,
      I made it through! yehhaa! finally!
      after like 10+ attempt, found out kill the boss is more feasible for me.

      Hopefully I can sail to Sky garden now.
      Thanks for your help man!

      Delete